Monday, January 23, 2012

We have a winner!

The Odyssey Award was announced this morning. Of the five titles, I've just listened to one (I liked it a lot and counted it among my top five for 2011) and I've eye-read two others. I found the winner, Daniel Kraus' Rotters, on downloadable and I put in an interlibrary loan request for the other new-to-me title, Ghetto Cowboy by G. Neri. In WorldCat, I was surprised to see that very few libraries own either of these titles (including mine!). Hope the award gives them a lift.

Congratulations to the committee (two members known to me) and to the authors, narrators and publishers.

Winner: Rotters by Daniel Kraus, narrated by Kirby Heyborne, published by Listening Library.

Honors:
Since I'll be going to ALA Annual in June, I'll be able to attend the awards ceremony. Fabulous!

I also see that RUSA unveiled its first Listen List: Outstanding Audiobook Narration, featuring audiobooks for adults. This list extends well back in time (but annoyingly doesn't provide a pub date for any of its titles), but anyone looking for suggestions will find this a great resource. (I'm intrigued by Connie Willis' All Clear [except that it's 23 hours long]!)

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

I haven't listened to any of these yet, though I do have Scorpio Races in print form sitting here waiting.

Thanks for the update on the award winners!

Sue