Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The neverending stories

I'm slogging through Rick Riordan's The Red Pyramid, so take a look at some of the year's best linked from Stacked's AudioSynced post. Eek! More for the TBLT list!!

My New Year's resolution: I've got seven adult titles taking up valuable real estate on my personal library card's holds list. These have got to go into the ears!

And then there's all the ALA listening that I've probably not heard yet. Next Monday (January 10), look to ALSC, YALSA and the Odyssey Award for more great stuff.

Oi! I'm behind ...

1 comment:

proseandkahn said...

Slog is a good way of putting it. I didn't love the production. I listened to many of the Percy Jackson books and enjoyed those and am listening to The Lost Hero right now and am enjoy that, but there was something about the production of Red Pyramid that grated on me. In the book, they are supposed to be tussling and trying to talk over one another, this does not happen in the audio and it feels very forced and artificial.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

brenda