Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm not listening, so I may as well talk

My listening is sluggish lately (The Witch of Blackbird Pond is dragging just a bit, although it's actually my fault since I can't seem to drag myself out of bed in the morning to go for a listening walk), but I want to give a monthly shoutout to the women who promote AudioSynced: this month hosted at Stacked.

I didn't attend ALA this year, and so missed the Odyssey Award ceremony, but one of my committee colleagues sent me this photo of our fabulous narrators (from left): Katherine Kellgren, Barbara Rosenblat, and Dion Graham. And Mary Burkey at Audiobooker gives a nice recap of the ceremony itself.

One last thing, AudioSynced turned me on to another exclusively audiobook blog: Audiobook DJ. I popped it right onto my Bloglines ... 'cause, you know, I need more books to listen to!

Wait, another last thing! The Audiobook DJ makes a request about providing bibliographic info for the books I review and I shall start doing that. To make a start here, congratulations to the publishers of the four Odyssey titles: Live Oak Media, Listen and Live Audio, and Brilliance Audio. Without their support, things like the Odyssey Award and Amazing Audiobooks would just not be possible.

1 comment:

Kelly J. said...

Finding another audiobook blog was one of the most exciting and horrible things to happen for me, too. I needed another thing to read, of course ;) Thanks for the shout out!