Friday, May 21, 2010

Not available to take your call

Hooray! Three weeks vacation! I'm off to explore Scotland -- Glasgow, Inverness and Edinburgh bracket a 73-mile walk up the Great Glen Way. Then a few days in Amsterdam with an old, but seldom-seen, friend before I stagger back to Portland and attempt to work again.

I've got His Dark Materials loaded on to the mp3 player. I've always pronounced this with the emphasis on "his," but author and narrator Philip Pullman goes with "dark." I'm at the scene where Lyra and Pantalaimon (now I've also got the definitive pronunciation of daemon -- think demon) are listening in as Asriel meets with the directors. Delicious anticipation!

In the meantime, join the Audiobook Community and mingle with other tapeworms. (I am so not a social networking kind of gal, so don't expect to hear from me very often over there.) Back sometime in June.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Have fun on your vacation! It sounds marvelous!

Jonathan said...

And in the meantime there is a lot of great audio at Audiobook Community - just post Twain's "The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.