Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nominations are closed

As of December 1, nominations for the 2008 list of Selected Audiobooks have closed (and the list may not be updated at this writing). We have 45 titles that we are considering. I have 10 left to listen to. In 40 days. I'm actually a whole lot better off than I was at this time last year, when I probably had closer to 20 titles to listen to (and did not succeed). Since we were working on assigned titles, rather than listening to whatever we felt like, it was easier to tackle the nominated books in between assignments.

I was sick most of this weekend, so I'm actually down to nine books ... but coming to work today, I learned that there was one more nomination. Oh well, I have a plan ... and Schooled is just four disks (ooh, it's available on cassette ... even better!).

No comments: