Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Top 10

And Mimus just kept getting better. When I last wrote about this book, Prince Florin had just learned that plans were afoot to free him and his father from the evil King Theodo. Well ... no surprise ... the plans went forward and the ending was extremely satisfying. There was even a bit of a commentary on the nature of peace -- which in this case was brought about by the jester himself, Mimus.

There's not much more to add about the great narration by Maxwell Caulfield. He sustained his many characters through to the ending, adding a few more along the way. The last few chapters were positively riveting as his narration built suspense and excitement.

Last year (my first year on the committee), we closed nominations on December 1, and then each of us compiled and shared a Top 10 list (not to be made public). My list of great titles isn't anywhere near ten ... but, with the addition of Mimus, I know I have at least five now!

No comments: