Saturday, July 21, 2007

21 hours 40 minutes

So, I'm back from my ALA adventure and then the choral trip to China (where it was impossible to access Blogger, period). I've got a couple titles that I finished overseas to post about here:
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
  • Mao's Last Dancer

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in the last three disks of The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl (which are sitting on a JAL airplane somewhere ... so I am awaiting a library copy) while I still remember where I stopped in the story [Fanboy has just quarrelled with Goth Girl -- after his completely normal adolescent boy reaction to her flashing him -- and his stepfascist has offered to take him to the Comics Convention ... hey that's pretty good, considering how mystified I am about the ending of Waves].

And, I'd like to do all this while steeped in Harry Potter and Jim Dale (for 21 hours and 40 minutes) so that I know the "ending" before all the spoilers become too loud! La la la la la la ...

I've got HP on both cassette and CD, so it'll be all Harry all the time (allowing for the frustration of finding my place as I switch media). In one hour I can be in the car popping in Tape 1. Hooray!

No comments: