Friday, April 20, 2007

Nominations update

The nominations are arriving fast and furious (while the new audiobooks are coming in a trickle ... don't get me started with the new audiobook publisher, Scholastic, and why they aren't sending us any titles; I really want to get my ears on The Wednesday Wars -- grrr).

Must digress further here: Scholastic is publishing an audio version of The Invention of Hugo Cabret (too young for YALSA), which is the most visual chapter book I can think of, with a DVD. So, an interesting situation for Children's Notable Recordings: Do they just review the audio portion without the DVD, or do they review the whole package? Hmm ... well, I guess they won't review anything if Scholastic can't get it together to send anything!

Anyway, back to our nominations. I can't remember where I left off -- but we've got a good handful of titles now:

The Black Tattoo
Cupid
Forever in Blue
Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn
Larklight
Life as We Knew It
The Loud Silence of Francine Green
Monkey Town: The Summer of the Scopes Trial
No Place for Magic (Book 4 of the Tales of the Frog Princess)
Princess on the Brink
Wintersmith

... and just this very minute ... Defining Dulcie

Must listen ... must listen ... must listen

No comments: