Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The nominations are pouring in

So, after I blogged here and in YALSA's blog -- where I'm contributing on behalf of the committee (did I say that already) -- noting that we seem a little short on nominations, we have a few more: Larklight (nominated by me), Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn by Sarah Miller (catalogued adult at my library) and Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

That, and the fact that the 2007 audiobooks are starting to come in (but Brilliance Audio just sent me a box of what I already had -- including Looking for Alaska which was on last year's list!), I'm feeling the panic set in. Can't keep up ...

So, I finished The Black Tattoo (our first nomination) this past weekend and -- barring a little confusion about how the "dragon" actually related to Hell, or heck, the whole universe (I think the dragon is the founding being of existence, or God's God -- feel free to correct me) -- I liked it. In December, it may not end up on my Top 10 list, but it was an entertaining listen, expertly narrated, and with a lot of teen appeal. Except for its length (503 p., 14 hours), I could even see reluctant readers who only read wrestling magazines and play violent martial arts games online enjoying it.

No comments: